Friday, January 29, 2010
Hey Girls, How are you doing. I am doing great. So is everyone stay warm in this icy weather. So how are you liking my blog. Well I'm so that I haven't been on in awhile. I am still working on my blog. I am going to put more crafts on here. A blog will only hold so many posts that you can see . But If you go to my blog archive then you can see some of the other crafts. That I have posted on my blog. Here is the new craft
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Hey Everyone, How are you doing. I am doing great. So what do you think about my blog so far? Well I'm not finish yet. I still have a lot of work to do. But if you have anything that you think that might look good on here. Then just let me know because I love help. I have been look at old crafts and I'm thinking about put some on here. This one is called a Braided Rug. Pioneers often found themselves with scraps of fabric left over, either fabric left from cutting out fabric scraps, or from old clothes that were no longer serviceable for wearing, but were perfectly fine for making rugs from.
- Fabric scraps, cut into strips 3 inches wide (for a thicker rug, you can cut them into 4, 5 or 6 inches wide, but make sure all strips are the same width)
- Heavy weight thread, matching the most dominant color in your fabric scraps, or in gray.
- Heavy needle for sewing (ask an adult for help).
- To begin, sew three separate strips together at one end. You can also tie a secure knot instead.
- Begin braiding tightly. You can tie the end to something secure such as a chair or table leg, which will make it easier for you to quickly braid while keeping the braid tight.
- As you get to the end of a strip, you sew or knot a new strip on, and then keep braiding.
- When you have used all your scraps, you then begin at one end and coil it. You or an adult can then braid the edges together, until you reach the end of the braid
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Hey Everyone, Welcome to the American Girl's Club. I am still working on my site. If there is something that you like and would like to see on my site. Then you can leave me a comment and I will try to get it on my site. Right now I am working on putting American Girl activities and pictures on my site. But Later I will be working on putting other old time girls on here. Maybe like Laura Ingalls off of little house on the prairie and girls like that. If you have any old timie girls like that then let me know and I will try to get them on here for you. But for now I am still working on the American Girls. I have games and activities that you can do on here. I have movies of Samantha and felicity on my site that you are more than welcome to watch. They are off of youtube so you will have to wait for them to load. So girls have fun and let me know if you need anything. Thanks for visiting my site.